Perhaps the most memorable moment of one’s high school is that of the prom, an evening brimming with crushing and crashing. Redolent with whimsy and excitement, the event has the entire school rife with dance, dresses, and whatnot.
Perhaps the most important thing for a girl in a prom, other than the ever-mounting anticipation of “who’s going to ask me out?”, is her choice of dress for the momentous occasion. With a visit to multiple store facilities, countless online stores, a dozen more consultations with the girlfriends, it is truly sad if those best prom dresses are beyond your reach.
What flashes of fashions are the best? What shall make me stand out? What colors are in vogue? These and countless many questions race through a girl’s mind before the choice is made. Do not worry, just follow these steps.
Your Body Types:
It is only best to go with a dress with enough emphasis on your exemplary waistline and something with an immaculate poise for your bottom and the top. What suits you?
- A trumpet or a mermaid dress to accentuate the waistline.
- Sweetheart or V-line bodice.
- Sleeveless dresses.
Triangle Or Pear
A broader booty never hurt anyone, hips wider than the bustline make you an excellent candidate for a form-fitting bodice. You can try:
- A-line dress.
- Holter neck, noodle strap, or even strapless.
A more pronounced bust area calls for longer dresses and short dresses need to be avoided at all costs. It is best to steer the focus away from the waistline. It is best to focus on these prom dresses:
- Dresses with empire line.
- Deep V, illusion sleeves, or something strapless.
- A full-length skirt will be preferable.
A broader upper body with relatively less pronounced hips and waistline, it is thus important to de-emphasize those broad shoulders. Try:
- Princess dress or ball gowns.
- Any dress that is not too short.
- Ruffled skirts can make a great fit.
A rather straight body without much that makes the eyes pop out of the proportion falls under this category. You should try:
- Asymmetrical cuts and necklines.
- Deep V necklines
- Bodice with A-line skirts.
What Else To Do?
- It cannot be stressed enough, the right budget is important, something that needs to be pre-decided as the expenses need to be categorized – you’re going to have to buy those shoes as well!
- Stitched or readymade. This is something that is entirely up to you to decide, best it is only best to make alterations that would suit your body type.
- The choice of the fabric is an important one, choose something that makes your skin pop.
- It is important that your corsage, shoes, and other accessories compliment your dress for a more coherent look.
To top it all off, the best thing that you can do is smile! If your choice of a male companion is a done deal, it can be a great option to compliment his look. And let him put the damn corsage!